Monday, November 23, 2009

Needle-Felted Bags for Christmas

 

 

 


Now that zippers and I are friends, I wanted to make a few little gifts for Christmas presents.

I used some thrifted and fulled wool pieces from my stash (these began their useful lives as mens' wool trousers!), and needle-felted designs onto them.

Then, I briefly wet-felted them (just enough to get the design affixed more firmly),...

...and sewed them into these little bags.

The Christmas fabric lining is from my stash, and the cool retro striped fabric is from my pile of 'special fabrics waiting for the right project'.

I think they'll be just right for cosmetics, travel or small purse items.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is certainly moving right along. I'm so proud of you.

Your little bags are adorable. And the little snowman and flowers look great.

I see you have been quite busy while I was too busy to be reading blogs. I'm trying to catch up but getting tired from all this reading. :)