Monday, November 16, 2009

Flower for Red Hat

 
 
 

...just to keep you in suspense a day longer, I will share the hat's accessory today.

When the hat was completed, it looked a little naked.

...what, I mused, would make this hat complete??

Bien sur! Une fleur!! (Yeesh---ok, ok...I'll stop!)

Now as you know by now, I cannot draw.

...but I have been studying nature while I walk in the mornings.

So I decided on five petals, and I used some of the variegated roving, needle-felting it into a general approximation of a flower shape.

I added a darker center, then wetted it with Dr Bronner's Magic Peppermint Castile soap in water and rolled it in the pierced rubber mat you see in the photo to wet felt it.

Have you ever taken the time to actually read the texts on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's soap? That was one crazy dude, man, but I adore his soap!! :)

When it was finished and the soap was rinsed out (first with clear water, then a vinegar rinse), I wedged my little guy into a thrifted chemistry beaker to dry in a shapely manner.

...more hat photos tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: