Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wet-Felted E-Reader Bag- Part 2

Stitching the bag.

 


The finished bag with asymmetrical closure.

 


The backside of the bag.

 


Ready for gifting.

 


Since this piece was essentially flat felt with a little stitching...

...it was an incredibly easy project to make.

Once in awhile, I think it's nice to stray from my (beloved) resist projects...

...and to use felt, instead, as fabric yardage!

The merino top made a felt piece that was thin and pliable...

...and it stitched like a dream.

I made a covered button with a bit of leftover felt...

...and decided on an off-center closure for interest.

Unfortunately, the friend for whom I made this gift (Mary)...

...has been quite ill with heart irregularities the last month or so.

Mary lost a sister in mid-life to a sudden onset heart attack...

...and I know that she is both frightened, and chafing at her relative immobility.

(She is generally an extremely active and vibrant woman!!)

I wonder if I might ask you to keep her in your thoughts and/or prayers...

...as her doctor sorts out additional testing and medication to treat her condition?

Thank you, dear friends!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lindy and Paul said...

The cover is awesome, may have to make one for my Kindle! Prayers for your friend.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks so much, Lindy!

Anonymous said...

Your friend will be delighted with your gift. My best wishes go with her, and I hope she has a very quick recovery and that all will be sorted out and manageable in the future as well.

:)

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Sandie! I'm glad she has her e-reader to help distract her while she rests.

Kelly said...

Prayers for your friend. I know she will love this, the colors and the design are great!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Kelly!!

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

You are such a wonderful friend to all who know you. My thoughts and prayers are with Mary as she goes through this difficult time. Your thoughtful gift for your dear friend will surely lift her spirits.

Big hugs to you,
Dawn

Heather Woollove said...

Dawn--Thank you for your prayers for Mary. She is 'our' kind of girl...bluntly honest, funny, and full of love and life. I know she will be happy to know that others are thinking of her at this difficult time.