Sunday, January 2, 2011

Scenes of Christmas- 2010

A felted ball garland made by my daughter, L.

 


Christmas cookies-baked and frosted by my daughters, H and H.

 


Our decorated mantle.

 


Handmade gifts from sweet friends.

 


In addition to a ribbon-candy garland made from felt...

...my daughter, L, made a felt ball garland, too.

My 'little girls' (twins) were in charge of the sugar cookies this year...

...and they frosted them with homemade butter cream and edible pearls. Yum!

Since I didn't put a tree up this year...

...we put the ribbon-candy garland on the mantle with our stocking holders.

The last photo shows some of my wonderful Christmas gifts...

...lovingly handmade by dear friends and hugely appreciated...by me!!

*******************************************
In other breaking news...

...my felt-and-fiber women profile is now online, here for the world to see!

(I'm so excited!!)

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Patty Biermans said...

You are a lucky person with so much wunderfull gifts from friends. I looked on the site and I like it!! no wonder you are excited. Great idea! Hugzz..peebee

Heather Woollove said...

You're right, Peebee--I am very lucky, indeed!!

vilterietje said...

in holland we say: wie goed doet, goed ontmoet! which means: the one who treats the other well, will be treated well. All the work we have seen the last weeks! you realy derserve to be spoiled by your love ones! by th way: great site, i'll put it in line with my favourites. love, riet:)

Heather Woollove said...

Thank-you, Riet! What a lovely expression and sentiment.

Terriea Kwong said...

No wonder you've a fabulous Christmas. Your kids are sweet and wonderful.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks so much, Terrie! Believe me, I truly appreciate how lucky I am to have such amazing daughters...and I didn't even mention that my eldest girl,S, gave me a framed photograph taken of the two of us on the London Eye a couple of years ago. It was a beautiful, 'happy memories' photograph that I didn't know existed...and I cried when I opened it. I just LOVE my girls!!:)

Martha Wolfe said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog.......I've enjoyed reading yours and all of the fun things your doing. Hope you've had a wonderful holiday season and a very creative New Year!
Martha

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Oh, it's so much fun to look at your beautifully decorated cookies...I mean home (gosh, those cookies are making me hungry...They look great!) Looks like it was a wonderful Christmas at your home...Wonderful family and good friends...Doesn't get any better than that! I'm blessed to have you as my friend.

Big hugs,
Dawn

Heather Woollove said...

Martha--Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year to you, too!
Dawn--I see you're getting ready to hit me up for some baked goods when I come to visit you!! Giggle.

Karen said...

Hi Heather!! I hope you had a wonderful festive season!! Take the very best care of yourself x