Pebbled purse front.
With the flap open (now you see why I made a 'beard' of raw locks).
Close up of raw locks puddle.
Like everything else, working with raw locks has a learning curve...
...and with each 'fleece-in-the-grease' project, I figure out something new.
I found that it can be helpful to have a small bowl of concentrated soap
solution on hand...
...in which to dip the cut ends of the locks before attaching them to the
As with some of my earlier bags...
...I made an internal pocket out of one of the flaps, and lined it with
To make the bag closure flap, I trimmed the felt to a uniform shape
(following the curve of the raw locks 'beard')...
...then made a buttonhole and added a large, wooden button.
To complete it, I machine stitched the handle together...
...and topstitched close to the flap edge for interest.