Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Resist Purse-Beginnings

 

 

 

 


I love to make felted items and give them away...

...for some recipients, it's their first experience with handmade felt...

...and I feel like I'm encouraging others to love it as much as I do.

I also think surprising friends and family with presents is just a lot of fun...

...and I get to make more things than I could possibly use, myself.

Sometimes, though, I find that I've made an item for lots of others...

...and have neglected to make one for myself! :)

So...I decided to make myself a purse.

I had some wonderful things in my stash that I'd been dying to use...

...some sari silk waste which is just glorious...

...in all different colors of silk threads for sheen.

I also had some bright and friendly wiggly yarn...

...you knitters out there will know the correct name for yarn like this (please leave a comment!)

I wanted to try making a bag inside out this time...

...since I like the additional mystery...

...after all, once you cover it up with fiber and start the felting process...

...you can't tell what it will look like until it's nearly completed!

Stay tuned for my progress!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: