Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shrigley Love!!!

 



I absolutely ADORE the graphic artist David Shrigley...

...so you can imagine my delight when I read about a Scottish sweater advertisement on Jenne's blog...

...by, you guessed it...David Shrigley!!

I first discovered him when I found "The Book of Shrigley" lurking on a shelf in the MOMA NYC's gift shop several years ago...

...and I have been collecting Shrigley-abilia ever since!

Now, I am not as crazed as some people...

...for instance, there is a whole section of
David's website devoted just to photos of tattoos of his artwork!!

Important Note: David Shrigley is not for everyone.

He is not, for instance, for children...

...and if you watch the Scottish jumper (sweater for us Yanks) video and find it in any way offensive, don't bother with his website...

...he is not for you, either...

...but if you have a quirky sense of humor...

...and aren't easily offended...

...you may find him as insane, funny and outrageous as I do.

Enjoy...and thanks, again, to Jenne, for bringing this to my attention.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I would like everything he does, but thanks for the link to the video. I did enjoy that. :)