Monday, February 8, 2010

Synthetic Experiment

 

 

 

 


At a local fabric store the other day...

...I found myself transfixed by all of the sparkly fabrics displayed.

I am not usually attracted to unnatural fabrics...

...but something was taking me back to my childhood.

(I was the kind of little girl who wanted everything to be made of gold lame!)

So I bought some and made a nuno scarf with it.

It certainly looks sparkly and festive...

...but I'm a little concerned about the edges...

...since I didn't hem them and they feel a little 'prickly' to me.

This may not be my last synthetic attempt, though...

...since I bought several other pieces...

...with gems and beading!!

Woohoo!

(Giggle)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jackie said...

Yes, I've got quite a bit of this material, but seldom use it. Well done for being creative. Thanks for the button link; now, she really was obsessed.

Valerie said...

Hi Heather!
I recognize this scarf, wink! Wait til you see what I've done with it. I just love that giveaway scarf you made too, it's lovely. And your needlefelted scarf is also exceptional. One of these days, perhaps we'll see a special article of clothing-?!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Looks good Heather!!
I think when you cover the edges with more wool it doesn't come through? good luck!

Jacky said...

You're very brave... and the sparkly fabric has come up really well. I love nuno felting and cant wait to see what you do with the beaded etc. pieces!!!

Jacky