Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Union Jack 'Wrap Tie' Bag- Part 2 of 2

Making a long, twisted cord using thin lengths of roving...

 
...then attaching it to the bag flap.

 
Mid-way through felting (the project is still inside-out)...

 
...and, here, after turning the project 'right-side' out.

 
The finished bag (side one)...

 
...and side two...

 
...and shown here with the others in the series (side one)...

 
...and side two.

 
I don't know whether this finished project 'reads' as a 60's inspired bag or not...

...but it was fun to create...

...and I was happy that the strips of silk felted in so easily.

I'm also not sure whether the 'cloud' of blue tussah silk (behind the flower)...

...actually adds to the project or not...

...since it reminds me a little of a space nebula! ;)

Next time: the final wrap bag in this series...

...and (I have to admit) my favorite!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They ALL look great to me. Does that mean I'm not fussy enough, or that you do such amazing work, how could anyone be disappointed? I bet that's it! :) Are you having fun??
I sure hope so.

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--You're sweet! Yes...I'm having fun! :)

Unknown said...

I love your stylized Union Jack, Heather! These do look like fun! xoFiona

Heather Woollove said...

Fiona--Thanks! Yes...lots of fun! :)

Rachel said...

The flower shape is rather reminiscent of the Mary Quant flower, which makes it thoroughly sixties-inspired, I would say!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--I remember Mary Quant cosmetics! Lots of dark eyeliner, wasn't it? XO-