Monday, May 13, 2013

Union Jack 'Wrap-Tie' Bag- Part 1 of 2

Laying out a flower using thin sections of merino roving...

 
...and adding a cloud of dyed blue tussah silk for background shimmer.

 
Covering the flower with a layer of blue roving...

 
...then flipping to side two...

...and adding strips of dyed silk to the surface of the resist.

 
Bright red merino roving goes on next...



...and then a bit more blue.
 
Finishing up the 'flap side' of the resist in glorious red.

 
Wetting out the project, prior to adding the cord.

 
I was going for a 60's, Twiggy, Flower Power kind of bag with this one...

...so I dug through my stash for bright red and blue roving and silk.

Working 'inside-out' as usual...

...I placed embellishments on the foam resist and covered them with layers of roving.

Next time: the finished bag.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That red does indeed look glorious!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--I was happy that it photographed so well.
Usually, I have trouble 'getting' reds! :)

Anonymous said...

The red and black should look good with this. Guess I have to wait to find out. :)

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--It's actually a dark navy...you'll see soon! :)