Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fabu Baltimore Restaurant and my Sheep and Wool Festival 'Indulgences'!!

The Papermoon Diner's bold exterior gives you an idea...

 
...of the riot of color which will greet you...



...once you're inside! 
 
Collections of Pez dispensers, Barbie dolls and ninja turtle figurines...

 
...peer out at you from every available surface...

 
...and life-sized naked mannequins wear glued-on toys for 'modesty'! :)

 
*******************************************************************
But...

...the main reason for my trip to Baltimore...

...was to attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival...

...and to buy these lovely goodies!!

 
I purchased pencil roving, solid and variegated wool roving...

...(one, blended with angora bunny fur!)...

...a soft-as-butter carded merino batt, dyed mawata silk hankies...

...Hog Island roving from my friend, Jay's farm...

...and these wonderful buttons.

 
I spent last weekend in Baltimore, my old 'stomping ground'...

...where I was happily able to revisit places that I love and discover new favorites, as well!

A new addition to my 'happy' list is the Papermoon Diner...

...a wonderfully eclectic restaurant with super yummy food!

I also enjoyed my first trip to Hampden...

...an assertively quirky neighborhood with one-of-a-kind shops and 'tacky chic' decor.

Next time: cute animal photos...

...and some wonderful fiber crafts, too!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can tell you're having a great time. Grt.Mattie

Heather Woollove said...

Mattie--Oh, yes! :)

Rachel said...

It sounds as though you had an exciting and inspiring time!

Vivian said...

I've heard so much about Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, really hope I can see it myself some day!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--It was a wonderful weekend.
Vivian--Oh, I hope so, too!! You should plan a visit here some year and we could go together! :)

Anonymous said...

Very colorful indeed. I'm nearly blind just looking at the photos. LOL

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--The wonderful food would have eased your ailment!
:)