Saturday, May 11, 2013

2013 Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

At the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this year...

 ...I saw a line-up of the 'usual sheep suspects'...

 
...and some truly extravagant horns!

 
Julia Hilbrandt was on hand...

...with a selection of her beautiful industrial felt bags.

 
Wouldn't a (shorn) fleece from this one make a wonderful felted rug?

 
Master dyer Christa Casebeer was at the festival, too...

...wearing one of her vibrant fiber creations.

 
 Anthropomorphizing the sheep is always a fun thing to do...

..."I think your bangs need a little trim, darling!"

 
Just as I was leaving for the day...

...I happily made the acquaintance of a woman who is surely a kindred spirit, Norah Walsh...

 
...who was wearing the best hat I had seen at the festival, hands down!

 
Next time: a 'wrap tie' bag with a British twist!

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Rachel said...

That hat is absolutely appropriate for the event - what a cracker!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Hahaha...I love the expression 'cracker'! :)

WonderWhyGal said...

OMG! I love that hat!

I love going to festivals and seeing all of the knit/felt/crochet/weave projects being worn and modeled as everyone enjoys the day.

The bad part about our Michigan Festival is that it's usually hot being in August. I see a lot of shawls...speaking of which, I should finish mine ;-)

Anonymous said...

Those felted bags were gorgeous!! I would have gone nuts in that booth, and I doubt I would have escaped without making a purchase. LOL

Kathleen said...

Fabulous hats and clothing and sheep!! I'm so sorry I missed it this year, but Amish country called me to a quilting retreat.

Heather Woollove said...

Andrea--I know...it's often so hot in Baltimore, even the first weekend in May. This year, the weather was spectacular!
Sandie--Aren't they great?
Lyn--I agree...what a talented woman she is!
Kathy--Oh, me, too...but your trip sounds great, too!

Terriea Kwong said...

The lined up sheep are so cute! Sheep has black (brown) patches? Or dyed by his owner? The hat is funny. Wow, you bought lots goodies , certainly the event is not to miss.

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Oh, how I love that hat!!!! Ir is marvelous!!!!! Thanks for the link to Norah's site.

I miss you!!!!

Heather Woollove said...

Terriea--Yes! The sheep is naturally spotted like that! I think that would make an incredible raw fleece rug, don't you?!?
Dawn--It's an incredible hat...and what a lovely woman Norah is...full of life and joy!

Terriea Kwong said...

So lovely for the nature spots on the sheep. Yes that would be great to make a rug. Let's make one manually next month !

Heather Woollove said...

Terriea--Can't wait! XO

FeltersJourney said...

Oooo LOVE love LOVE that hat! The curly horns are fabulous! :)

Adorable sheepy pictures too :) Looks like a great festival
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah-I knew you would! XXO