Sunday, October 7, 2012

Unmitigated Garment Disaster- Part 2 of 5

After flipping the piece to side two.



Pulling back the thick painter's plastic resist to reveal the silk side of side one. 
 
Adding a layer of trimmed-into-shape silk gauze...

 
...and connecting the front and back by folding roving over from side one to side two.

 
Laying out additional roving...

 
...in a more deliberate pattern this time...

 
...for the front of the garment.

 
The finished layout on side two.

 
After (rather awkwardly) flipping the piece from side one to side two...

...I added a layer of silk gauze to the 'naked' resist.

I then folded over the 'rays' of roving along the garment edges...

...from side one to side two (connecting them in the process).

More wool roving came next...

...but in a more thought-out pattern this time...

...creating the garment front.

Next time: actual felting begins.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Vlaďka Cepáková said...

I am looking for result. Colour and pattern look perfectly.

Unknown said...

Its looking great so far Heather, see i have faith xoxo

WonderWhyGal said...

I keep reading disaster in your title but I see gorgeous on your table...I'm on pins and needles.

Rachel said...

It looks promising, anyway!

Heather Woollove said...

Vlad'ka--I'm afraid that the result will not please you. :(
Karen--Hahaha...oh, my friend...you are a dear!!
Andrea--Garment felting to me is like sewing to you, I'm afraid!
Rachel--Looks are deceiving! Grin.

FeltersJourney said...

No disaster so far.. its looking lovely!

I hate flipping big awkward resists too..
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--Wish we lived closer...we could work together on these large projects! :)

Kelly said...

amazingly huge resist! It looks great so far.....

Heather Woollove said...

Kelly--I'm afraid that you will be disappointed. :(