Saturday, October 27, 2012

Seamless Felt Jacket Class- Part 3 of 4

 All trussed up and ready to roll.
 
As the fulling begins, only the thin plastic piece protecting the godet remains in place.

 
Linda Veilleux's expert instruction and sense of humor kept me motivated...

...even when my energy flagged.



You can see that I still have a little way to go...



...but it is starting to shrink...
 
...and, look, the ruching has begun...

 
...and it's starting to have that lovely 'nuno felt texture'! :)

 
This is a project that would be nearly impossible for me to do on my own...

...so having a group of like-minded feltmakers and a wonderful teacher made all the difference.

Once I got past the layout and the irksome plastic sheeting...

...I actually quite enjoyed the hours of rolling and fulling...

...because you could finally see progress being made!

Next time: the big reveal.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OOO the texture looks amazing and so does the color, your favorite of course, keep rolling i wanna see lol xo

WonderWhyGal said...

I bet you were sore after all of that rolling and fulling. I think about how I feel with a smaller project. Yikes!

Heather Woollove said...

Karen--Thanks...and for once, I wasn't the only orange/Fall colors-lover in the room!! :)
Andrea--Not really. Linda kept after us with tips on how to roll safely (maintaining a healthy posture) and it helped a lot!

Kelly said...

Massive! I bet any little shrinkage was cause for celebration. I love when the wool and silk start creating those fabulous textures!

Heather Woollove said...

Kelly--It's funny, 'cause the day that I rolled and fulled the jacket, I wasn't really aware of the passage of time! (It's the best kind of 'playing'!)

Rachel said...

I guess that at least with the company of your classmates to chat to, all that rolling and fulling will have gone past almost without you noticing!

FeltersJourney said...

Huge project Heather! I can not WAIT to see the big reveal, the colours and textures are wonderful!
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--If you get a chance, listen to this interview with Stuart Brown.
http://www.onbeing.org/program/play-spirit-and-character/143
...he talks about how when we are really 'engaged' in something, even as adults, time passes without our awareness.
I think it was this phenomenon, as much as my lovely classmates, that made it feel effortless. :)
Deborah--I'm glad you like it so far. WE need to take a garment class together someday!! What fun that would be! XXO-

FeltersJourney said...

It certainly would be fun Heather! How I wished I could of joined you in Portugal..
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--You could plan to join us in Portugal in 2013!!! :) XO-