Saturday, October 11, 2014

Extra Large 'Reptile Skin' Purse- Part 2 of ?

After adding red wool to the purse bottom...


                                                          ...I cover side one...



                                            ...with a layer of variegated roving...



                                         ...then repeat the process on side two...



                                                           ...and wet it out.



                                               Adding a grid of painter's tape...



                                      ...and covering it with a layer of brown wool...



                                   ...leaving the tape tips exposed for later removal.



                                                   Mid-way through felting.



                                             Next time: the tape is removed.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a complex procedure - I'm very intrigued to see how it turns out!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--A couple more posts until the 'big reveal'! :)

Unknown said...

I can hardly wait to see the finished bag!!! :)

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Sandie!

FeltersJourney said...

Love the colours you have inside there Heather :) I can't wait to see how it turns out.. I LOVE the reptile bag that you travelled with in the Spring so I know this is going to be FAB!
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--This is actually the 'prototype' for the bag that you saw! I started out really, really big with this one, and then amended it to the size that I carried through Europe. I'll be blogging that one before long...but not in a row with this one, since they are so alike, it would be way too boring! XX