Thursday, June 28, 2012

Portugal- Foodstuff Photos- Part 1 of 3

Serra da Estrela cheese...

...and homemade chorizo sausage (for the meat eaters) for breakfast.



A beautiful lunchtime meal. 
 
Colorful, veggie-rich pasta salad with home grown olives.



Tart with red and green peppers, ripe pears(!) and bechamel sauce...

...incredibly delicious!!
 
A flavorful soup made with organic lettuce from the garden.

 
These cunning little fish- and shellfish-shaped confections were made with egg yolks and powdered sugar,

encased in thin flour shells.

They were a gift from our Portuguese classmate, Estela.

 
 We celebrated her birthday with these treats and a glass of rich port wine.

 
Despite truly valiant efforts on my part...

...and the reduction of my 'food photos' by more than half...

...I still have three blog posts' worth of 'edibles' photos that I feel compelled to share with you. :)

The food on the farm was not only fresh, organic and beyond delicious...

...but I think you'll agree that each meal was a visual treat, as well!!

Dishes were prepared with an artist's eye and loving hands...

...and I know that they nourished our spirits as well as our bodies!

Next time: more food!!

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Andria said...

Oh you torture with these gorgeous pictures, but I am glad my stomach gets to live vicariously through you!

Terriea Kwong said...

Couldn't agree more every meal setting, taste and all were more than a 5-star hotel. Love to read your detailed description.

Heather Woollove said...

Andria--Now you see why it's been so hard for Terriea and I to readjust to life at home. "Where are my chefs? Where is my beautiful fresh centerpiece?"
Terriea--Hahaha...I'm glad you like the food descriptions! If I get anything wrong, don't be afraid to help me fix it. There were SO many delicious meals, I may yet forget which dish is which!! XXO-

Voie de Vie said...

Oh yumm!!! Those colors in the last photo are just perfect. I also want to make that pear and pepper tart. Once you stated the ingredients, I can completely see why you found that so delicious.

Can't wait for more.

Rachel said...

You were very well looked after, weren't you!

Heather Woollove said...

Denise--Yes...who would have thought of that combination?
...but it was amazing!!
Rachel--Oh, yes, indeed!

AllyB said...

Those fish are genius! That filling looks so rich and tasty. I'm truly enjoying your photos so 3 more posts worth would be awesome. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Heather Woollove said...

Ally--I'm so glad that you're enjoying the photos!

FeltersJourney said...

Oh my... all that food looks and sounds absolutely wonderful! YUM!
x

Melissa Plank said...

That food looks amazing and delicious! (Especially the little cookies which seem like they would be really hard to make!)

Vivian said...

Wow, just wow! love everything you showed here, especially the little fish and shell treats. What can go wrong with egg yolks and powdered sugar! Now I want to go to Portugal too.

Spinster Beth said...

Lovely!

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--Is it enticing enough for you to start saving for our class in 2013?!? :)
Melissa--The cookies were a bakery treat from one of our classmates.
Vivian--They're doing the workshop again next June, you know. (We had 3 first-time feltmakers and they did beautifully!) Hint hint!! :)
Beth--Thanks!!