Monday, June 18, 2012

Blue 'Seamed' Purse For Portugal- Part 2 of 3

Sections of a thrift store leather jacket...

...quartered like a side of beef! :)



Cutting fabric for the inner pocket lining. 
 
Remember to cut an opening in the pocket before you sew on the lining fabric!

 
Pinning the fabric all around, prior to stitching.

 
A view of the finished inner pocket with bright fabric lining.

 
The purse front (with a portion of the final stitching in place)...

 
...and the back (stitching also 'in progress').

 
Always on the 'look-out' for leather to fashion into purse straps...

...I discovered this buttery soft jacket at a local 'white elephant' shop.

It took some work to remove the lining and cut it all apart...

...but I'll have leather for quite a few bags, now!

To echo the red bits of dyed tussah silk in the felt...

...I picked a bright piece of marbled fabric for the pocket lining...

...that was a gift to me by my friend, Suzanne.

I took my time seaming this project...

...both because it was slow going on such thick felt...

...and because I wanted to 'feel' my way as I went along.

Next time: more seams appear...

...plus a couple of elegant metal buttons.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Your thrift shops have leather jackets? Cherish them - mine don't even have real wool!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--You need to come for a visit with a LARGE suitcase!! :)

FeltersJourney said...

I am loving this already Heather!
x

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--Thanks! XXO-