Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Portugal- Animal Friends and More Quinta Views

Who could resist a face like this?



A verdant view from our Quinta. 


Don't you just love the hair-do on this hound?
 
Olive trees and blooming flowers.



A horse, peacefully grazing. 


A view of our Quinta 'home'. 
 
A friendly burro lurks at the kitchen door...

...asking, "What's for dinner?"



Spent rose petals strewn in a path to our lodgings...

...a gesture of thanks to our lovely hosts. 
 
Since my day-to-day life is not what you might consider 'animal rich'...

...it was a treat to interact with so many creatures on the farm.

There were sweet dogs of all shapes and sizes...

...two adorable cats, horses and (of course) sheep!!

My favorite animal, hands down, was the burro, Cecilia...

...who had been rescued by our host family from a neglectful owner.

If left to her own (clever) devices...

...she would stand at the outdoor table during meals, hoping for a hand-out. :)

One night, after petting her and kissing her for quite awhile...

...I had the nerve to stop for a moment to try to take a few bites of my meal.

Cecilia nudged me (twice) with her muzzle as if to say...

"Hey, what gives? I want more!!!" Grin.

Next time: mouthwatering food photos.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Friends of all shapes and sizes!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Hahaha...yes!

Voie de Vie said...

Love that sweet calico face! And even though it's early in the season, I bet those olive trees were fragrant. Just breathe it in. :)

Terriea Kwong said...

It is a paradise for all those lovely things and us. The cats are sweet and the hound is gorgeous. Whenever we are whenever he is. He laid down before our group picture. So cute and fun !

FeltersJourney said...

Mmm the olive trees and Quinta are so beautiful.. I can imagine sitting painting there (not that I have painted for many years..) and such lovely beasties too :) Wonderful!

I am glad that you took lots of photos and am looking forward to your next post xx

Heather Woollove said...

Denise--There were loads of tiny white flowers, wafting down from the olive tree...like a wedding!
Terrie--You're right!! Are you having as hard a time as I am, getting back to 'normal'?!?
Deborah--Oh, it would be a perfect place to paint.
I'm glad you're enjoying the photos!! XXO-

Terriea Kwong said...

Heather, so hard for me getting to normal. Woke up at 3am. Now very sleepy in the office. Take a few days back to track.

Heather Woollove said...

Terrie--Oh, me, too!! It's always 3am, somehow, when I wake up!!! If I know you, though, you will take a brisk lunch hour walk and you'll be 'right as rain' again in no time! XXO

Clasheen said...

I'd just like to know what normal IS Heather and Terriea!!! Loving the posts.

Heather Woollove said...

Nicola--Beats me! I'm not sure anymore, myself!!
(Certainly 'our' normal is not the lovely, pastoral 'normal' in Faia!! Boo hoo!!) XXO-