Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"Tailored" Silk and Merino Purse- Part 2 of 3

The finished felt...

...prior to any 'fiddling around'. :)



The felt piece, drying... 
 
...over a plastic bucket...

 
...to help retain its basic shape.

 
The pinning and seaming begins!

 
You can almost feel how soft and light this felt is.

 
I got pretty crazy with some of the seams, didn't I?!? :)

 
I think that the silk in the roving really makes for a beautiful, lustrous felt.

 
Because I wanted to start with a more 3-dimensional piece than usual...

...I dried the felt over a plastic bucket, rather than flat on a table.

Once dried, I began pinning the felt into shape...

...machine stitching each seam with variegated thread as I went along.

Next time: the finished purse...

...with felt-embellished leather strap.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, I foretaste something special. Previous steps make me sure of it :) I am anxious for the purse done!

Heather Woollove said...

Alevtina--I'm glad that you like it so far! XXO-

Rachel said...

It does look as though you've made something particularly special this time!

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

It's looking great! Liz :)

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Thanks so much!
Liz--I'm glad you like it!

FeltersJourney said...

Looks lovely and lush with the silk, and I just love the summer squash colours. Its gonna be quite an exciting bag I think with the seaming.
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah-Summer squash colors...how perfectly apt! Oh, what a poet you are, my friend!
:) XXO-