Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pre-Felt and Raw Icelandic Fleece Purse- Part 2 of 3

Laying out pre-felt leaves...

 
...and covering them with raw Icelandic fleece (tips down).

 
Adding thin layers of wool roving...

 
...then flipping the resist to work on side two.

 
The fully encased resist...

...as you can see, I'm working 'inside-out', as usual! :)

 
After felting for a time, making a cut (to remove the resist)...

...and sealing it by rubbing the raw edges with wet, soapy fingers.

 
The front side of the purse during felting.

 
Cutting out the purse lining and inner fabric pocket.

 
As is my wont...

...I made this purse by working 'inside-out'.

I laid pre-felt leaves (needle-felted embellishment side down) onto the resist first...

...then layered on the raw Icelandic fleece (tips down, as well).

After covering everything on side one with thin layers of white wool roving...

...I flipped the resist and did much the same thing on side two.

You'll notice that I positioned the fleece to cover only a small portion of side two, however...

...in order to accommodate the closed flap.

I used a piece of speckled brown fabric from my stash...

...to fashion the lining (plus fabric pocket).

Next time: the fully felted bag...

...plus beaded embellishments!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

SQUEAL! It's going to be GORGEOUS!
I do love the raw lock felts.

Rachel said...

The more of these I see , the more I want to have a go - maybe something to try this summer when I can set up a table in the garden and not worry about splashes!

Светлана said...

I already love this bag, I really like the shape of the bag, and I love the green and brown. I found many useful things for themselves. I watch, learn, and also try to make a bag like Heather. ))))

Lin VanArtsdalen said...

What an interesting idea. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Beautiful as always I am sure.

Heather Woollove said...

Andrea--Thanks! Me, too! :)
Rachel--Oh, you should definitely try a project sometime!!
Alevtina--Thank you so much! I would love to see how your bag comes out!
Linda--Thanks! XXO-

Terriea Kwong said...

I love the way you made the prefelt leaves and go with the Icelandic fleece. Color goes so well. Eager to see the finished one.

Heather Woollove said...

Terrie--I'm glad you like the Autumn color combination! XXO-

Het Wolbeest said...

Oeh, I LOVE this one with raw locks! Love, Alexandra.

Het Wolbeest said...

I LOVE this one with raw locks!!! Love, Alexandra

Heather Woollove said...

Alexandra--I'm so glad that you like it!! XXO