Monday, May 7, 2012

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival Photos- 2012

Check out the fabu green hat on this lovely festival attendee!

 
Despite the overcast day, the rain held off.

 
An adorable young lady proudly models her handmade scarf...

 
...and these two knitters were kind enough to explain the intricacies of their stitches...

...and multiple needles(!) to a non-knitter like me.

 
We 'refueled' with an in-no-way-could-this-be-construed-as-nutritious lunch...

...a gyro sandwich for Linda and a malted vanilla milk shake with nachos for me...



...and we got a chance to catch up with Sharon Costello and her hubby. 
 
A view of some of the festival booths...

 
...and a beautiful spinner!



My friend, Linda and I spent Sunday at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival...

...and we had an absolutely wonderful time!

We left early, and despite a few raindrops on the drive there...

...we had comfortable and festival-friendly weather all day.

We caught up with a number of our beloved fiber friends...

...and spent more than a little of our 'disposable income' on wool and supplies! :)

An event of this size never fails to inspire...

...and I'm looking forward to breaking into my new stash very soon!!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

GalaFilc said...

Wonderfull photos!

Terriea Kwong said...

Looks a fab festival. A good chance to meet the renowned artists as well. Such wool fair is a good source for crafts ideas.

Heather Woollove said...

Galina--Thanks! I've shown animals and fiber in past Sheep and Wool posts, so I really wanted to showcase people this time!
Terriea--It's a terrific show and a wonderful way to catch up with fiber friends who live far away!

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, stash photos! stash photos! I want to see what you bought!

I love the people photos too. Fiber Festivals are the most magical place on earth.

Heather Woollove said...

Andrea--I think I'll write a post just for you! XXO-