Monday, November 2, 2015

Vancouver Trip (Fabric Store/Flea Market Purchases)- Part 6 of 6

I went a little 'notion happy'...


                             ...buying thread, zippers, velcro, bias tape and the like...



                                ...and brought home lots of patterned silk scarves...



                                     ...and silk chiffon and organza for nuno felting.



                                       It was in my 'button acquisitions' however... 


                                                     
  
                                            ...where I really went off the rails. :)


                                         



                                   I love to handle (dare I say 'fondle'?) old buttons.


                                              

                                       They each seem to want to whisper a story... 
                                           


                                ...about the garment that they used to be a part of...





                                      ...or the thrilling events or quiet moments...



                                                  ...that they mutely observed.



                                  I like to imagine that when I use them in a project...



                                       ...(and make them part of something new)...



                                           ...I allow their adventures to continue!




                                       Next time: a felted table runner experiment.

7 comments:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Jummy supplies. Have flots of fun using them!

Rachel said...

Yikes! You must have come home with twice as much luggage as when you arrived!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Kim!
Rachel- I must confess that I packed a carry-on bag in my checked luggage for just such an occurrence!! :)

Mariana said...

So many things! And all so inviting!!!!
What is that fabric?? with pattern on the first pic... green I think... looks so interesting for texture on a bag or something like that.

Heather Woollove said...

Mariana--It's some sort of synthetic fabric...quite stiff...that they used in the fabric store as a backdrop display for Halloween.
I thought the same thing...that it might make an interesting bag! :)

FeltersJourney said...

I love old buttons too :) 'specially when they are visibly worn.. they really do seem to want to tell a story don't they?!

Great new stash, look forward to seeing what you do with it all xxx

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Deborah!! It will be fun, won't it?!? /)