Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Knitted Bouclé Linen and Silk Washcloths...Plus New Bowls!

                            A friend of mine has been knitting cotton washcloths, lately...


                          ...so I decided to try a similar project using bouclé linen...


                                                             ...and silk yarn!


                                               I knitted them on the diagonal...


                            ...and, when done, wove the ends in as well as I could.

                    (Please remember that my knitting skills are still very rudimentary!) :)


                                 The linen bouclé one has a rough, textured surface...

                                       ...perfect for 'scrubby' use in the kitchen...


                                        ...but I'm keeping the softer, silk one...

                                                  ...for use as a face cloth!


                                       *************************************************

                                           When I was in the UK this spring...

                                ...I indulged my fairly serious 'bowl addiction'...

                          ...with these vintage, handmade and thrift shop dishes.


                                I also found a mug to add to my Moomin collection...

                                                   ...in fabulous orange!! :)


6 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the idea of a silk facecloth!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel-:)

FeltersJourney said...

Now I know why that bag was SOoooo heavy lol. You have some really lovely little bowls there!
And a MOOMIN mug.. you don't come across them very often! I think you were meant to find it as it is even ORANGE :)
xx

FeltersJourney said...

BTW.. knitting on the diagonal?! That sounds really complicated and very impressive to me :) Bet the linen one would be a nice ex-foliating body scrubber
x

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah-Hahaha...not at all (maybe it's not called that at all?!?) I only meant that I started with 3 stitches and added one with each row to the middle, then decreased by one with each row. :)

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--Yes...I love Moomin mugs! I have a decadent 9 or so of them and I'm always on the lookout!! :)