Sunday, February 26, 2012

American Craft Council Show- Baltimore 2012




Elizabeth (Liz) Rubidge of The Felted Garden


Barbara Poole of B. Felt


Joan Berner and I having a happy mini-reunion in her booth


Jenne Giles of Harlequin Feltworks


...and because I neglected to take a photo of Lisa Klakulak, herself...

...here's one of the fantastic earrings that I purchased from her, instead! :)


Oh, what a day we had yesterday!!!

My guy and I left for Baltimore early in the morning...

...so as to arrive just as the doors opened at the American Craft Council Show.

It was held in the Baltimore Convention Center...

...and it was absolutely ginormous!!

There were booths selling enamelware and repurposed 'greencraft'...

...pottery, jewelry and art glass...

...furniture, lighting, mixed media, and wood...

...but, as you might imagine, I was really there for the fiber arts!!!

I was privileged to meet several blog friends and 'felt icons' in person...

...and a friend-of-a-friend who is now a friend of mine, too. :)

I also got to spend some time with a dear 'Felters Fling' classmate of mine, Joan Berner...

...and it was absolutely wonderful, seeing her again.

Pewter artist, Rosalie Sherman, was there as well...

...whom you might remember from this post of mine.

(I noticed that my guy 'hung back' a bit at her booth while I walked ahead...

...so I'm hoping for another whimsical pewter creature on our anniversary next month.) :)

One of my best friends in the whole world joined us, mid-show...

...and we ended the day with yummy crab cakes at Phillips Seafood in the Inner Harbor.

Happy, happy me!!

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Melissa Plank said...

Heather, what a lovely way to spend the day with people you are crazy about and tons of beautiful, creative goodies! Fun, fun!
(p.s. which person in the photo are you?)

Hugs!

Heather Woollove said...

Melissa--I'm the one in green with an ORANGE admission sticker! :)

Lin VanArtsdalen said...

Oh I am jealous. Thanks for sharing. It looks like you had tons of fun.

Heather Woollove said...

Linda--Yes...it was a wonderful day!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a great day. Don't think I could get my guy to come with me to a show like that!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Luckily for me, he's also an artist. Of course, he had some rather strong opinions of some of the booths!! :)

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Oh, it's so much fun to see Jenne, Barbara, Joan, and Elizabeth...All look like so much fun. Oh, and I love the earrings that you purchased .... Wow-wee!!! Must have been such fun to be in the midst of so much creative energy. Good for you getting there early and soaking it all in! Oh, and I'm still the shade of the jacket that you're wearing...Waaaa...I wish I lived closer... would have loved to be traipsing around with you and the 'guy' who shall go un-named;-) ... Ha! Ha!

Big hugs,
Dawn

Heather Woollove said...

Dawn--Having you along would have made a truly wonderful day utterly perfect! Why do you live so far away?!?!

liz said...

Thanks for sharing and visiting! I had lots of fun, too!

elizabeth

Heather Woollove said...

Liz--:)

FeltersJourney said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Love those earrings
x

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--Oh, me, too!! :)