Monday, August 30, 2010

Creative Felt Gathering--OMG!!!

 

This is me working on a scarf that ended up long enough to wrap around
an average football team!!

 

Jone Rakoski in one of her less outrageous moments! Grin.

 

The inimitable Chad Alice Hagen!

 

Elis Vermeulen...glowing with health and kindness! (inside joke)
***************************************************************************

I've just returned home from an absolutely incredible week in Michigan...

...and I can't wait to share my experiences with all of you!!

I attended the first annual Creative Felt Gathering in Manchester, Michigan...

...hosted by the talented, generous and absolutely hilarious Jone Rakoski!!

Our other two teachers were the felting 'rock stars'...

...Chad Alice Hagen and Elis Vermeulen!!!

Our coursework consisted of felt journals, hats, glass fusing...

...and making lots and lots of scarves.

Each instructor had her own unique way of teaching...

...and method of working with fibers.

We worked very hard all week, and late into the evening several nights...

...but the joy, cameraderie and love between felters was absolutely palpable!!

People shared their special techniques, equipment that worked well for them...

...and even their food and wine at mealtimes!!

I came away with a head bursting with ideas, some amazing projects...

...and a new BFF (best friend forever!), Dawn Edwards.

Not to mention a new surrogate daughter...

...Elis' incredibly elegant (and CUTE!!) daughter, Rachael.

The rest of the week will be photos of our amazing projects...

...and some of my new felting friends!!



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Hooked On Felt said...

Heather, It was wonderful, wasn't it. I think it is something we look back on for some time with great fondness. great photos!
Lots of hugs,
Suzanne

Heather Woollove said...

Suzanne--I'm SO glad to have met you!! Hopefully, next time you'll be able to be with us for the full week!

Hooked On Felt said...

Hopefully your "empty nest" feels a bit less empty now that it is filled with great memories of the week at CFG.
next year...the whole time!

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Oh, just seeing your picture makes me happy. My jaws ache this week from all the laughter from last. I keep thinking about what we were doing one week ago at this time...It was just the most perfect week ever. That is, until we had to leave! Wonder what they'd have done if I'd chained myself to the bed and refused to go. Oh, yes, they'd have called my hubby:-) I have decided that I could easily live in an artist commune and be quite content. Want to come?

Hugs and lots of love being sent your way,
Dawn

Jackie said...

This looks amazing. I had a felting weekend recently and I know what kind of a buzz you are feeling.

Cameron said...

Heather, I am jealous. Is this something that happens every year? Will it take place next year? Sound wonderful.

Heather Woollove said...

Yes, Cameron...save your pennies for next summer's creative felt gathering!! It was a blast and I know you'd enjoy it, too!!