Monday, August 9, 2010

Spring Swap Presents and a Sunflower!!

 

 

 

 


Today, I received an amazing package in the mail...

...my Clasheen Spring Swap!!

When my original swap partner fell through...

...a lovely 'swap angel' came to my rescue and sent these lovely gifts.

She sent a wonderful recipe for Spanish Tomato Toast...

...that I can't wait to make (with my farm share tomatoes)!

There's a silk scarf blank...

...and some glorious, iridescent roving...shot with silk fibers.

She included a vintage scarf...

...with images of exotic temples, flowers, animals and tropical fruit.

The most wonderful part, though...

...is a handspun, handknit scarf in my favorite colors!!

(It's so soft, and has a lovely fragrance to it, too!)

***********************************************
The sunflower is from my CSA farm share...

...and is as big as my hand.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

GalaFilc said...

Scarves are beautiful, and probably would have been good with felt?

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Galina! Yes...I can't wait to use them that way!

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Beautiful package from your "Swap Angel". The roving is gorgeous! Also, love the sunflower...They are a favorite of mine.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Dawn!! I agree... sunflowers are wonderful, and the CSA has had masses of them for us this year. (If you can sneak past the bees!!)

FeltersJourney said...

What a wonderfull package to receive - bet it felt like Christmas when you opened it!
x

Heather Woollove said...

Yes...swaps are SO much fun!