Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Yellow Clutch Purse with Netting

 

 

 

 


I've been mulling over the idea of making a clutch purse for some time...

...and to thank my daughter, L, for helping me with my felting studio renovations, I decided to make one for her.

I made batts of yellow wool...

...and dug out a plastic net bag that once held oranges.

I had seen a wonderful closure recently in a video of Heidi Greb forwarded to me by my friend Kim.

...and I really wanted to try it.

So, I made a tube of wool on a resist leaving one end dry and fluffy...

...and felted it a bit on my mat.

Then, I covered the main resist with wool, front and back...

...and on it, placed cut pieces of the red netting.

I added a second layer of fiber to each side...

...leaving areas of netting exposed.

I left one area completely free of plastic netting...

...so that I would have a place to attach the dry end of my tube.

After attaching it, I rubbed gently around the base...

...to make sure that it was well-seated prior to rolling and felting the piece further.

Next time-the finished bag.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Clasheen said...

Looks interesting, dying to see the finished purse now!

Mariana said...

sounds very interesting!
I used this type of bags too (oranges). Give a cool texture!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

LOl I have my answer now:) that's when you start reading at the latest post and head back......