Friday, June 4, 2010

Finished Clutch Purse with Netting

 

 

 

 


After rolling and felting the purse for some time...

...I threw it into the washing machine to finish it.

I popped it into a zippered pillow case...

...and put it in with a load of other clothing.

When it came out, it was thick and felted...

...but it was also creased and misshapen.

I used an iron to steam out the creases...

...and stuffed it with placemats and steamed it into shape.

I knew from my other attempt at incorporating netting...

...that you have to keep the iron away from the plastic!

The last two photos were taken in full afternoon sun...

...and are not as true (color-wise) as the first two.

My daughter laughed when she saw it and thinks that the tube closure looks like lips...

...but I love it, and find it a really simple and functional way to close something, without having to sew on buttons or magnetic snaps.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

Heather, I found this really pretty felt tutorial while browsing my blogs. Take a peek.
http://moderndomesticpdx.com/2010/05/make-felt-with-margy/

Heather Woollove said...

Very pretty! It reminds me of Art That's Felt's work: http://artthatsfelt.blogspot.com/2010/05/flowers-and-weaving.html

Clasheen said...

THe purse is great Heather, really funky!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Nicola! Wait until you see the next one. I managed to get the closure to look less like lips and more circular!! :)