Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's A Baby Boom! Wet-Felted Play Mats- Part 2 of 5

Stitching around the perimeter...

 
...and adding circles (and a diamond!)...

 
...with multi-colored synthetic yarn.

 
Stitching into pre-felt is a lovely thing...

..."like buttah"!

 
Here's a second one...

 
...with just circles this time.

 
I placed all of the knots at the back for a more finished look.



I love the way that this yarn magically changes color as you stitch! :)
 
Reprising the use of some variegated yarn...

...last seen in this post...

...I happily stitched away on my lovely, soft pre-felt pieces.

I outlined the perimeter of each mat...

...and added central shapes for a later (secret) purpose. :)

Next time: those secrets are revealed!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love seeing the color pop off of the white background!

Rachel said...

Up to mischief again, I see...!

Heather Woollove said...

Kelly--It's funny, 'cause I've had that yarn for ages,
and it's not even wool, but I think it makes a beautiful felt embellishment.
Rachel--Always, my friend!! :)