Friday, January 2, 2015

Three New Christmas Stockings- Part 4 of 4

Even though I rarely needle felt anything...

...since I was felting this stocking from the inside-out...


                       ...it just seemed like the most expedient way to get a tidy result. :)



                                       The 'labeled' white pre-felt is flipped over...

                   ..and stripes of wide pencil roving are added to the resist surface


                                  Next, I cover them with layers of wool roving...


                                                  ...except at the (white) top.


                            The project is wetted out and covered with bubble wrap...


                                                  ...then flipped to side two.


                                            As I lay out additional pencil roving...

                   ...I do my very best to match the new stripes with those on the back.


                              Working carefully (so as not to disturb the stripes)...

                             ...I wrap the wool 'rays' from side one to side two...

                             ...and cover side two with layers of red roving, as well.


                                                     Mid-way through felting...

                            ...I remove the resist and turn the project right-side out.


                                                       Fulling the stocking.


                                              The finished project (back side)...



                                                                ...and front.



                                   Here, the stocking joins the others on the mantle.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable!! It came out just perfect, and every one of them look great!! Good Job Heather. :)

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Sandie! I'm blogging your hat next!! :)

Rachel said...

Beautiful - the stripes came out really well!

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Love all of your stockings....They look fantastic adorning your mantle.

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Rachel!
Dawn- It's really funny to look at the older stockings, now. I made them a couple of years ago and they're...well...not very good! ;)
I think I'll re-make some of them before Christmas next year. :)