Friday, December 20, 2013

Piscine Wine Tote- Part 2 of 3

Adding silk noil 'scales' to my herring...

 
...then wetting out the tote.



As I work, brown and white fibers begin to blend...

...and my fish is beginning to look more and more cartoonish!

 
Cutting out tote handles.



Using white roving as a thin, secondary layer...

...gives blended colors which form a lovely heathery brown. 
 
The finished tote...

...blocked and drying.

 
Next time: the finished bag!

P.S. Can you believe that this is my 800th blog post?!?

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Rachel said...

It already seems like a great success!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Rachel! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

I wish the silk scales would have showed up a little better, but your fish sure is a cutie! :)

WonderWhyGal said...

Wowza! Hooray on your 800th post! I'm loving the design.

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie-you'll see...when the tote dries, the scales 'magically' appear again! :)
Andrea-Thanks!!

Lorin said...

Heather, these are grand, I'm so enjoying catching up on your step to step process. Makes me want to jump in and start some of my own....

Lorin

Heather Woollove said...

Lorin-We can, of course, while you're here! :)