Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Plethora of Peculiar Projects- Part 5 of ? (Cameo Slippers and Multiple-Resist Bag)

Adding additional fiber to each slipper...

 
...with a final layer of Hog Island wool...

 
...for extra soft sponginess!

 
Unfortunately, as I was laying out the last layers...

...I got distracted (or a little 'cocky'?)...

...and neglected to mark the cutting side on each slipper...

 
...and this was the end result! Waaaaah!

 
 I did like the embossed-looking result, though...

...so I'll try to pay a bit more attention if I try it again! :)

****************************************************************
This is a multiple-resist purse that I started in Portugal.

 
It was to have three of these flap-like purse sections...

...but the center one sagged...

...and I couldn't figure out a work-around.

 
My solution?

I removed the center 'flap' and stitched up the gap...

...then promptly lost interest in ever finishing it...

...so here it languishes! :)

 
At the end of October...

...after the hustle and bustle of my eldest daughter's wedding has subsided...

...I'll be featuring a giveaway of several of my unfinished projects.

This grey bag will be among them...

...so if you'd like to finish it off for your own use...

...stay tuned!! :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I'm not the only one that gets distracted at times lol! Love how the slippers should have turned out! maybe you could make another pair the same then swap them around so you have two matching pairs???
Aly :o)

Rachel said...

Some projects do go through the doldrums. Frustrating, but one of the hazards of creativity!

WonderWhyGal said...

Sometimes those unintentials end up making a great piece. Thank you for sharing your hits and misses. I always learn a lot.

Heather Woollove said...

Aly- Super idea! :)
Rachel- it's happened before and no doubt will again. Luckily, I don't get all that 'attached' to my projects!:)
Andrea-With me, you can count on 'the good, the bad and the ugly'! :)