Monday, October 7, 2013

A Plethora of Peculiar Projects- Part 4 of ? (Cameo Slippers)

Cutting out initials...

 
...from a thick section of finished felt...

 
...plus two ovals from a piece of black pre-felt.

 
Needle-felting commercial pre-felt over each initial...

 
...for a cameo-like appearance.

 
Positioning the ovals on my slipper resists...

 
...then flipping them over before adding any fiber...

...(to work inside-out).

 
Covering the resist with wool roving.

 
With lots of finished felt scraps lying about...

...I'm always looking for a 're-purposing' project!

For these slippers...

...I decided to reclaim bits of thick, finished felt...

...by using them as bas relief in the embellishment!

Next time: a disaster occurs...

...and lessons are learned for the future! ,)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm very intrigued, now... It looks like such a good start!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel-I run into an...erm...snag in part two! :)