Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Trip to Rome- Part 4 of 4

It rather surprised me to discover...

...that in addition to its incredible statuary and antiquities...

 
...the Vatican Museum also boasts a large and wonderful...

...modern art collection!



Wouldn't this gilded motif look amazing, made up in felt? :)
 
The day after my daughter's wedding...

...many of the attendees shared a local winery tour and luncheon...

 
...in this lovely and atmospheric setting.

 
Throughout Rome, everywhere we walked...

...lovely surprises were to be found!

 
This amazing church entrance...

...reminded me a little of this scene in the movie 'Star Wars'.  ,)

 
Much of Rome wears, as its ambient shade, a warm terra cotta color...



...(although upon close examination, we realized that in this church, at least...

...the wall panels were merely painted to look like marble)!

 
Next time: I return to 'the land of felt'!

(Thanks for taking this journey with me!)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I shall be interested to watch the inspiration from this trip showing up in felt for some time to come!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your trip to Rome, and the wedding, with all of us. It appears you all had a marvelous time, so it's all good. I enjoyed the photos very much. :)

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--I do have lots of good ideas!! :)
Sandie--Thanks! Yes...it was a 'mountaintop' experience!!

Terriea Kwong said...

Enjoy reading your trip, your joy and guiding us your marvelous journey. Pretty girls, sweet moment and stunning views.

Heather Woollove said...

Thank you so much, Terriea!