Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sleeveless Nuno 'Dryer Felt' Jacket- Part 3 of 5

More texture on side two.


 The red circle is a concentrated bit of the original silk cocoon!


The back side of the finished felt with dyed tussah silk circles.

 
After felting, the circles look a bit like "Mr. Bill" "Oh, noooo!" mouths, don't they?!? Grin.

 
I love the saturated color burst you get from the thick edges of dyed silk hankies.


During felting, much of the color has washed away on this side, too.

 
Laying out another piece of dryer felt at home...

 
...using leftover bits of printed and dyed silk...

...plus a layer of black silk gauze.

 
Since the piece of felt that I made in Portugal wasn't quite large enough for the project I had in mind...

...I set about creating a complementary piece of felt, once I was home.

Using small sections of leftover silk instead of silk hankies this time...

...I covered them with silk gauze prior to laying out the wool fiber.

Next time: garment construction begins!!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the silk prints that you use! Where do you find them? I cannot wait to see how this piece turns out. :)

Anonymous said...

That is going to be one gorgeous jacket. You will never get lost in a crowd either, because no one on the face of the earth will have one just like it. I can hardly wait! :)

Kathryn Ray said...

These photos are so intriguing. Excited to see what becomes. :-)

Rachel said...

Intriguing as ever - fascinating to see your projects develop!

Heather Woollove said...

Kelly--Some are from thrifted silk blouses, some from other projects.
Sandie--Hahaha...so true!
Kathryn--5 parts makes it hard to wait! :)
Rachel--Thank-you!

FeltersJourney said...

This is going to be a very exciting jacket I think :)
x

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--:)