Friday, January 1, 2010

J's 'Manly' Tea Cozy

 

 

 

 


My daughters and I, especially my youngest (twins) are real Anglophiles.

We love British films, currant biscuits, clotted cream and
English accents~swoon!~

Here in the US, English things are often viewed with a bit of alarm by some 'manly types'.

Luckily for us, my bf, J, is the son of German immigrants, and European traditions frighten him not one whit!

Thinking about Christmas presents this Fall, I realized that we all drink a lot of tea...

...after all, it's good for the soul! :)

So, I decided to make him a tea cozy...

...but not a girly one.

I used brown and aqua roving, and a resist...

...applying the fiber in stripes on one side...

...and a checkerboard on the other.

After it was dry, I trimmed a straight 'hem' in the bottom...

...but it's reversible, or could be cuffed up for a shorter teapot.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I really like that. Who wouldda thought? Not me! hahaha Very good lady. You have your noggin on good and tight.

Happy 2010 :)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Well done Heather!!

filz-t-raum.ch said...

hello,
you make good feltwork!!! nice blog!
bye,
filz-t-raum.ch
(sorry, my english is not good)

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

VERY manly tea cosy. Also very STYLISH. And functional - important to be functional! Nice design. Pretty fab all round really.

Thanks for visiting GPB and your generous comments. Smiling wide.

Loani

Michelle said...

Heather, I love it.
I am obviously especially keen - given I am English! ;-)

I really like the colours (very manly). I hope he enjoys it with a nice drop of Earl Grey and a scone with clotted cream and jam...yum yum!