Friday, January 15, 2010

Fiber-licious Purse

 

 

 

 


For this purse, I decided to use a resist and then cut it open to form the flap and bag portions.

I wanted to use some of my strange fibers...

...and different merino top colors...

...to add a little 'arty' interest for a change.

I used some curly locks and flax wisps...

...and decorated both the outside...

...and a little on the inside, too...

...to coordinate the 'look' when the purse is closed.

When it was felted and dried...

...I sewed the resist opening in the flap with tiny stitches...

...and made a rolled strap from roving, using my sushi mat.

I sewed a snap onto it for a closure...

...and sewed the strap to the purse sides with strong thread.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that is one gorgeous purse!! Great job lady. The colors are gorgeous, the design is great. It's just FANTASTIC!!

You best get busy making another or your twins will be fighting over it. :)