Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Swap Love!

 

 

 

 


As you may remember from my swa(m)p scarf, I participated in a fiber swap this holiday season.

The amazing Nicola (www.clasheen.wordpress.com) paired us off...

...and I was so lucky to get my swap partner!

Kim (www.viltalakim.blogspot.com) is an extremely talented felter...

...and also very generous; not only with her gifts (as you can see here), but with

her tutorials and answers to my many technical questions.

She sent me amazing new fibers (dyed flax-who knew?) and cool, organic 'inclusions' for my felting...

...and all in my favorite colors!

I don't even know where to begin!! :)

Her leaf-accented nuno scarf is so elegant and perfect...

...I may never take it off!

I feel really lucky and blessed that Kim and I are now friends...

...and I look forward to many more years of sharing our love for felt and stories of our lives and families...from across the sea!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you hit the jackpot! What a wonderful swap mate you have. I love, love, love the scarf. Gorgeous! Have lots of fun with all your "goodies." :)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Wow,
I am so glad you like it all! It was a pleasure filling this box for you! Thank you for YOUR gifts as I am very pleased with them!!

CHeers to our friendship!

Clasheen said...

This is a brilliant swap package and I am delighted that you exchanged gifts with such a great partner! Just a quick question, what is the magazine or book peeping out called??? Not sure that I have this one! X Nicola

Heather Woollove said...

Nicola--It's the Interweave Felt Special Issue 2008. There are some great projects in there I can't wait to try!