Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pillow Talk

 

 

 

 


This pillow is intended for a neutral sectional sofa...

...but the colors are also decidedly 'Christmas-y'.

So my friend can use it all year long,

...or just during the holidays if she wishes.

...and since this was my second pillow attempt, I did a better job this time on the backing.

Remember? I didn't even show you the other one! :)

I sewed multiple rows of stitching to form the ruffle edge...

...and I used some lovely, cheerful flower fabric for the backing from my 'good stash'.

I can't wait for Christmas!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi, What a great project! I often see people break the hankies apart, but I love the lines you created by leaving them whole. Very cool!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Jenn! I've used silk laps and caps and dyed and undyed hankies (My daughter's recent tree throw project had dyed ones in it). I think they're a lot of fun, just hard to use, since my hands are always dry and 'catch' the thin silk threads as I'm laying them out. XXO-