Monday, January 2, 2017

Rochester, NY (Small Ceramic Works)- Part 2

With all of the wonderful pieces on display...





                                                   ...at the Genesee Center...







                    ...who could blame me for stopping by the gift shop on my way out?



                             This rat mug (by Lynne Hobaica) really spoke to me...



                            ...and after trying to walk away from it several times...



                                          ...I finally succumbed to the temptation!



                                  I also had to purchase this cunning jewelry box...



                                ...with its fanciful snail design and subtle colourway.




                                     There's actually even a functioning jingle bell...



                                               ...baked inside the wonky lid!



                                                  ********************************
                                                             In other news...

                   ...I purchased a rather choleric ceramic head in Oregon recently...



                  ...and a fabulous strong man painting in downtown Philadelphia.



                  My daughters tell me it's 'startin' to look a little weird up in here'!! ;)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think "weird" may be right - but is that a bad thing?

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--No...and I think it's my preference, the older I get! :)