Sunday, January 8, 2017

Oklahoma Hats- Part 3

My finished hat...


                                                  ...with its bold colourway...





                                                 ...really kept the chill away...




                                

                                         ...while I was in NYC over Thanksgiving!


                                                       Once home, however...

                                  ...I decided to 're-style' it into more of a cloche.


              
                                                   I soaked the hat overnight...



                                           ...trimmed 5 inches from the bottom...





                                                ...and fashioned it into a new...

                                                 ...and radically different hat! :)



                                     Next time: a hat made from (mostly) scraps!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks gorgeous. It will go with almost everything you want to wear it with!

Terriea Kwong said...

So beautiful hats! I particularly love your modified cloche hat. The silk strips combination is really great. Love the color too.

Pearl@GreatCottages said...

Gorgeous and I love the restyle!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Thanks! I love felt hats that can be worn with many outfits. :)
Terriea--I'm glad you like it. My friend, Kiki, dyed the (non-patterned) silk and it's really gorgeous.
Pearl--Thanks! It took a bit of courage to cut into it, but I like the result.