Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Own 'Fling' Mystery Projects- Part 5 of 5

For my second purse...


                                                 ...I shortened the resist a bit...



                                       ...and encased it in pre-felt and silk gauze.




                                                  I added layers of wool roving...


                                                          ...hanging loops...




                                                           ...and a pocket.



                                               Here I am with my finished bag...



                                        ...and here is the sum of my week's work...

                                            ...(two bags and two large pre-felts)...

                                ...on display for our end of the week sharing at 'Fling'.   



                                       Once home, I cut yellow leather for straps...



                                                  ...and for the button closure.


 

                                                            Detail photos...



                                             ...of some of the inlaid silk pieces...



                                                      ...and decorative stitching.




                                                          The purse back.



                                                       My two finished purses...



                                             ...red leather, yellow leather. (Grin!)


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those bags look wonderful, bright and colourful, and sturdy too!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Rachel- Yes, I've been using one of them as my 'work purse' and it's holding up well.