Friday, January 17, 2014

Pennsylvania Farm Show 2014- Part 1 of 3

The Pennsylvania Farm Show was held last week in Harrisburg...

 
...and it was my first time there.

 
It featured a horse-pulling competition...

 
...and animal judging.

 
Of course, I had my own favorites.

(Check out the color coordinated rope on this one!)

 
There were long-haired hippie alpacas...

 
...and groomed-for-success sheep. :)
 
There was even a 'dancing cows' butter sculpture housed in a special cold room...

...that had been carved from 1000 pounds of fresh butter!



Next time: more sheep...

...and some super cute goats! :)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Rachel said...

My goodness, I wonder how long the butter sculpture took to make!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--I know that he started it in December...and I think he had to take frequent breaks because it would get too cold in the room (and the butter would get too hot from working it). Incredible, huh?

Vivian said...

Love the dancing cows and hippie alpaca :-)

FeltersJourney said...

WOW that butter sculpture is amazing! LOVE the long haired hippy alpaca :)
xx

Heather Woollove said...

Hahaha...Vivian and Deborah-I think you must be kindred spirits! :)

Unknown said...

All the animals are so cute!!! And how can you not love a hippie alpaca???? I'm impressed with the butter sculpture...WoW!!!! Thanks for sharing

Heather Woollove said...

Simona-Glad you liked the post!