Thursday, February 10, 2011

'Slip-Ups' Slippers- Pair #3

The layout using roving and bits of pre-felt.

 


These look like floppy-eared puppies, don't they?

 


I made the soles darker, to help hide the inevitable dirt!

 


I love making asymmetrical designs!

 


I fiddled around with the resist on this pair...

...wanting a little more 'toe room', a more fitted sole, and a higher cuff for folding down.

I got a little carried away with the design, though...

...and I think they came out looking a bit more like small animals, than slippers!

Next time, I'll show you a pair that I made with the same resist...

...this time, with an even more elfin profile. :(

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh i love them, i think there gorgeous and i love the green ones to. Very snazzy :))

Patty Biermans said...

They are gorgeous!! They look like an orange dalmatian pup. You have a great way of making slipper design :-))) Hugzz....Peebee

Patty Biermans said...

When you put a little collar around the ankle then it looks even more like a puppy :-D But then they are just as embaressing as the previous ones. (giggle) Hugzz...Peebee

WonderWhyGal said...

I love them...I am trying to understand your resist. It's shaped differently than the slipper pattern I purchased. (I've yet to make slippers)

I love your design...and the colors.

vilterietje said...

i ask myself: when is heather satisfied? these white and orange dalmationpuppy looking slippers are thé most cute slippers i ever saw:)

Doti said...

Beautiful!!! I love them :)

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments!

Anonymous said...

Great slippers Heather! I like to paint several layers of liquid latex on the soles of my slippers, it makes them tougher, waterproof (on the bottom at least) and if you sprinkle polenta on the last layer before it dries this adds an anti slip coating as well! You can also try adding a couple of drops of food colouring to the latex and match the colour of your wool if necessary. X

Unknown said...

I think these are my favourites!

Heather Woollove said...

Nicola--Thanks for the great tips!

Simon--I really like these slippers, as well. They seem 'happy', somehow!! XXO-