Tuesday, February 8, 2011

'Slip-Ups' Slippers- Pair #2

The layout...snippets of pre-felt and wool roving.

 


These remind me of "Two-Face" (a Batman comics supervillain).

 


Slippers in action.

 


My middle daughter dances..."Oh, the joy of having new slippers!" (Har)

 


These slippers came out a bit more as I had hoped...

...thicker and not quite as 'form-fitting' as the others.

Plus, there are no dinosaur ridges to be seen...

...because this time, the pre-felts all felted in properly. Whew!

I love the action shots I got of my daughter, L...

...but the combination of the slippers and her red and black ski socks? Yeesh!?! Giggle.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

vilterietje said...

dancing slippers in green, if you put them on you can dance, the same with reading glasses, my grandson thinks, if he puts them on his nose, he can read:)
love, riet

Terriea Kwong said...

Fantastic !

WonderWhyGal said...

I've been thinking about making slippers for my kids...you've totally inspired me.

I love the sock/slipper combo too.

Heather Woollove said...

Oh, Riet--How I love that...'magical slippers'!! Little ones have the most wonderful ideas, don't they? When my eldest daughter was small, I once told her that she had 'sharp eyes' (meaning she saw something far away very well), and she took it literally and cried! :(
Thanks, Terrie!
Andrea--that sock choice actually scared me!! Yikes!!! Giggle.

vilterietje said...

it's like a father who told his litlle boy: put your eye on the ball to learn hem thwrow, he put his eye on the ball, i love childrens logics:)

Heather Woollove said...

Me, too, Riet!! XXO-

Patty Biermans said...

I think that they are very happy slippers! What more do you want, coming home and they are waiting for you. Makes your day! Hugzz...Peebee