Sunday, October 31, 2010

Love That Pillow Cover- Part One

Purple batt with needle-felted 'love'.
 


Can't get enough love!
 


Test layout...facing up.
 


'Real' layout...with design face-down on resist and pencil-roving grids.
 


As those of you who are regular readers well know...

...I'm not much of a blues/purples kind of gal. :)

And when I work in these colors...

...I'm always trying to put myself in the mind of someone who is!

This time, I decided to make a love pillow...

...and make it kind of feminine.

I wrote the word 'love' in pencil roving on a couple of wool batts...

...cutting them into equal rectangles, afterward.

I made a pre-felt heart...

...and detailed it with a little pencil roving, too.

Since I like to work 'upside-down'...

...I laid my pieces face down, followed by the pencil roving...

...and ultimately, the pale blue batts that you'll get to see next time.

Happy Halloween, everyone!!!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

vilterietje said...

That's lots of love, so lots of love to you too! I love your work, the way you think and work is lovely. Love, Riet

Heather Woollove said...

I feel the same way about your work, too, Riet!
When are you coming to the US for a visit so we can make felt together?!?!

Fi said...

Can't wait to see the finished pillow. I'm liking these two parters you do.

Heather Woollove said...

Fiona--I'm so glad to hear you say that!! Sometimes when I post in two parts, I feel like I'm
TORTURING several of my less patient readers (who know who they are****Cough****)
Giggle

Patty Biermans said...

I just discoverd you're blog. I like the way you work. Very beautiful and another way of felting than I know. Nice!! Greetings... Peebee

Kelly said...

less patient readers...hmmm...wonder who they could be? :) I am going to have to try the face down felting and see how that works. I will wait patiently for the other part.....

Heather Woollove said...

Why Kelly...Whatever would make you think I was talking about YOU?
Hahaha.
You know I just love you and look forward to ALL of your comments, so keep them coming!! XXO-