Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

 

 


To all of my readers, male and female, mothers or not...

...who have taken the time to nurture another person on the path to adulthood...

...many thanks to you!

My day is starting off quietly...

...everyone still in bed but me...

...coffee in hand, my blog friends close beside me (virtually, anyway!) Grin.

The house is a complete disaster...

...full of everything my daughter L had to move out of her college apartment.

There is a literal ton of laundry to be done...

...and L decided to begin a double-bed-sized scrap quilt, yesterday, as well.

(Imagine a dining room table covered in piles of fabric, an ironing board in the corner, and everywhere you look, cutting mats and cutters, wastepaper baskets and the like.)

You know that I live for these days, though, don't you?

This morning, all four of my daughters will be with me...

...we will eat waffles or three-minute eggs and toast or whatever they choose.

We may drink Mimosas...

...and lots of coffee, to be sure.

And I will will myself to stay in the moment...

...feeling their presence and their love for me.

I am a lucky Mama.

I hope your day is just as special. XXO-



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Dear Heather,
I hope you have had a wonderfull mother's day togehter...
The rest will be good to do another time..... hihihihi