Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Book Bag" Envelope With Wrap Tie- Part 1 of 2

This wonderful little felting book for children...

...inspired four of my recent projects.

 
Laying out a squiggle of pencil roving...

 
...and then a bit more.



Making a long cord from strips of colored roving...

...and pencil roving.
 
Covering the design with a layer of orangy-yellow wool...

 
...then flipping the resist to reveal the squiggles through the plastic.

 
Adding fiber from a wool batt featuring tiny, multi-colored cotton dots...

 
...to each side of the project as layer number two.

 
While I was Christmas shopping in Hamburg last December, I bought myself a present...

...a thin book of felt projects intended for children.

Happily, the photographs in this book are wonderful...

...because 2 years of college German only gets me 'so' far! :)

Next time: the finished envelope...

...with orange button!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

With two years of college German, you are still way ahead of me! - even with "Asterix and the Normans" in German as an incentive I only got as far as "Guten abend"!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel--Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Fun projects! Hooray!
Love the colors!!!

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--Thanks!!