Sunday, September 11, 2011

Endless Mountains Fiber Festival

Little cuties!

 


What lovely colors...and check out the wonderful yarn bowls!

 


The vendors kept busy in their booths, spinning or carding...and this nice 'mother of a vendor' worked on a beading project.

 


What a great technique!

 


More pretty things...

 


...and sweet animals.

 


Blog friends meet at long last!!

 


I know that I promised you a post about my Felter's Fling 'couture garment' next...

...but I just couldn't wait to show you photos from my fiber-filled weekend.

I drove upstate to the PA Endless Mountains Fiber Festival on Saturday morning...

...and this time, it wasn't just for the fiber!!

After several years of e-mails and blog comments...

...I finally got to meet my 'blog mentor', Sandie!!

If it weren't for her initial encouragement and technical expertise...

...I'm not sure I'd be blogging today!

It was truly a joy to finally meet...

...and she is just as lovely in person as she has been all along, virtually! :)

(She even brought along a gift of camel roving, and some soft-as-butter Tussah silk and baby camel roving...

...that I can't wait to try.)

Thanks, Sandie!!

I can't wait until we have a chance to meet again!!



Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, for the first time in ages, I get to be the first one to comment too! LOL

It was just as enjoyable for me to finally meet you as well, and I too am hoping this is just the first time, and that more will follow. I enjoyed our time together so very much. Thank you for coming, and I hope you found some must-have goodies to play with too. I sure did! LOL

:)

Heather Woollove said...

Sandie--XX0

Marushka C. said...

It sounds like a truly lovely day.

Heather Woollove said...

Mary--The bonus was that the weather was perfect, too! We've had (and continue to have) SO much rain...it seemed like a miracle, seeing the sun!! :)

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Oh, what a great picture of you and Sandi...So glad that you met.

Did you purchase one of those nifty little beading machines? That looks so cool. Do you know what it's called? Would love to see one demonstrated.

Can't wait to see you soon.

Hugs,
Dawn

Heather Woollove said...

Dawn--It WAS fun!! No...I don't think she was selling beads or beading equipment. Her daughter is a Waldorf arts teacher and she was along as a helper. I think she just had her beading with her to kill time between customers, but it did intrigue me!!
Can't wait to see you, either! XXO-

Voie de Vie said...

Sounds (and looks) like fun! Great photo ... and those adorable bunnies are priceless, too. :)

Kelly said...

All of those Fall colored wool balls and yarn bowls looked so pretty! I bet just being there made you want to come home and create! Looks like a wonderful weekend! :)

Heather Woollove said...

Denise--It was a new fiber festival for me, and it was a nice one, despite the fact that many stalls were empty due to area flooding.
Kelly--I really wanted one of those yarn bowls...but for what? I don't knit!! :)