Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday Preparation...and a Cat!

 

 

 


I've told you about the two-legged creatures who reside with me, but I don't think I've mentioned that I have two girl cats as well (sisters).

This is a photo of Chloe, dressed up in her feathery finery.

She and her sister are currently banished to the basement while I cook, since they are 'very bad girls', and will eat anything that they can scrounge.

So far today, in preparation for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner, H-2 and I have made homemade whole berry cranberry sauce with lemon zest, baked macaroni and cheese (with pepper jack cheese and lots of cayenne pepper and garlic!), and several pans of vegetable tian with white and sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, green squash, tons of mushrooms, italian seasonings and fruity olive oil, topped with buttered crumbs.

...plus we baked two store-bought frozen pies...a Marie Callender lattice topped peach, and a Sara Lee pumpkin.

Tomorrow we will make homemade yeast crescent rolls, a salad, cream cheese-stuffed celery and a huge pile of oven-roasted asparagus with freshly ground Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.

Missing something, you say?!? No-I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years, so I don't make a turkey.

(The side dishes were always my favorite part of Thanksgiving, anyway, while I was growing up!!) :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: